Sunday, January 15, 2012

Unit 9 Self Assessment

Introduction-
I think it is important for health and wellness  professionals to develop physically, psychologically and spiritually because when you believe in what you are teaching and  you are teaching from your heart the individual and see and feel your passion and will therefore, be more open and willing to listen and follow your guidance.
Assessment-
As I review the past 8 weeks been introduced to the many different  aspects ofintegral health has help me realized that I realy need to slow down and evaluate myself. Spiritually my score is a 8/10, I say eight because I have very strong faith,but lately I have been going to church regulary. My physical score is 4/10, I always start out with the intentions of exercising at least 30 minutes every day. Well I have only done so 3 or 4 days  since the hoilday break . I know work, school and family is part of the reason for not do this as I planned. During the holiday break I was able to walk for 1 hour everyday- no class and work days were shorter.Psychologically my score id 6/10 because many days I 'm still a chatter brain- with my work schedul and duties increased-I can't seem to get my brain to become still.it always seem like I  have a thousand thing going on all the time.
Goal-
My physical goal is to walk on my treadmill at least an hour 3 days week. Psychological goal focus on my breathing and visualization exercises seem to help somedays. Spiritually My goal is to get back into church on a regular basis, and continue to pray that my family and friend know that I love them very much, even though my schedule hasn't allow me to spend much time lately.
Strategy-
My physical strategy is to mark my calendar on the days I choose to walk- and reward myself wit a smiley face sticker, after I have completed my walk. I think I may even incorporate handweights/dumdbells to help tone my arms.Psychological- Right now I honestly have no ieda  what my strategy would be. I am open for suggestions.
Commitment-
I think with my physical goal and my spiritual goal I will succeed. My psychological goal or lack there of remains to be seem. Maybe in 6 months my breathing exercise and visualization  exercise will help me to relax  and maybe in 6 month I will be ready for meditation. Have to think positive right?

No comments:

Post a Comment