Sunday, December 18, 2011

Unit 6 integral Assessment

As I closed my eyes and tried to rest my mind, at first it was alittle difficult, because other thoughts would enter my mind,after about 5 min I was able to calm down enough to let my mind rest ant become still. I started to think about the 4 aspects of life. I found my self wanting to focus more on the interpersonal aspects of my life. The interpersonal aspects reflects on community, family and personal. As I thought more Ifelt the my relationship with my family was okay, as well as my community, so that leave personal. When I say personal, I am referring to me (myself). I feel that I need to work on me as a whole. Lately I realize that my stress levels are very high, work and school are both very demanding, I feel as If I'm pushed to the limit.My work hours/ and work load has increased, ( 1 co-worker short)so by the time I get home, tend to family needs and try to sit still  and focus on school my mind and body are drained. My approach to fix this is to talk to my supervisor to let him know that the work load, is become to be to much for me, I know we have someone  coming to assist us soon, but if I as least tell them know what's happening to me mentally and physically, than maybe  help will  get to our department soon. This aspect is the only aspect I'm focusing on at this time, because if  I can regain my mental and physcial strength , than I will no longer feel like I'm working against myself.Making me better, work better and even though family and community was okay, They too will be better, because a healthy mind is a healthy body.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, I too have been working a lot. We are on overtime and are working 11 days straight, so far. Good thing I have vacation coming up. Good luck to you and your quest for a better relationship with yourself.
    Melissa D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I hope your vacation is soon, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullless.I hope you are not to tired to enjoyed the holidays, Stress has a way of taking the full out of the best of times. So get some time in to meditate and relax your mind, body, and spirit and have a Very Merry Christmas. I have requested to take a few days off this week, hopefully I will get it so I can so the same.

    ReplyDelete